A second home insurance policy will provide the following coverages:
- Dwelling coverage protects the structure of your secondary home against risks such as fire, weather-related damage, and theft.
- Coverage for additional structures on your property, including gardening sheds, garages, and boat docks.
- Personal property coverage protects your things at your second home, including furniture, clothing, kitchenware, and other items.
- Loss of use coverage pays for additional living expenses if your second home becomes uninhabitable due to a covered loss and you must temporarily relocate.
- Personal liability insurance pays for legal and medical expenses if you are legally held liable for someone else's injury or property damage.
- Medical payments coverage pays for guests' medical expenses if injured on your property.